Friday, July 6, 2012

thesafetyofobjects

I had a dream last night. I suppose a recollection is a better description. There is a difference. One is a wish of something that hasn't happened and the other is memory of something that has. They are similar and I imagine that they can be mixed.

Last night's dream was about my grandmother.

Last night's recollection was about my grandmother.

Last night's recollection was about her dentures.

Last night's recollection was probably sparked by my purchasing of Fixodent for my broken tooth.

Last night's recollection reminded me of the times when she would pop out her own dentures to make me laugh.

Last night's recollection might sound disturbing to you, but it's a cherished memory to me.

Last night's recollection reminded me of times when she would be napping and her teeth would be in the cup beside her.

Last night's recollection made me feel bad about that fact that I would poke at the dentures in the glass while she was sleeping.

Last night's recollection had me cringe a little when she put the dentures back in her mouth after I poked them with my finger.

Last night's recollection was partially a dream since it took place in my apartment here in Baltimore and she died 6 years before I moved here.

Last night's dream was about my grandmother.

Last night's dream was....

No comments:

Post a Comment